Mr. Khan is a commercial litigation associate in the Firm’s Lahore office. His practice focuses on defending multinational corporations and regulatory authorities in complex civil litigation and regulatory matters, with a particular focus on the technology, tax, and food and beverage industries.
Mr. Khan also serves as a core member of a team that provides counsel to top social media and tech companies on subjects including cutting-edge matters implicating data privacy, cybersecurity, intermediary liability, online content, and class action claims. Mr. Khan also helps clients in assessing the impact of new and proposed legislation, and navigate product changes and launches in Pakistan. He is also an associate member of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators, London and has assisted senior partners of the Firm in several international arbitrations conducted under the LCIArb rules.
Mr. Khan is actively involved in pro bono work. He has assisted in matters involving consumer rights and defamation claims. Prior to joining BNR, Mr. Khan worked as research clerk in the research cell of the Lahore High Court where he conducted legal research for senior judges of the Lahore High Court. He completed his masters in International Corporate Governance and Financial Regulations from the University of Warwick and also holds a general training certification from World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO).
- LL.M (University of Warrick) (2017)
- LL.B (Pakistan College of Law) (2015)
- B.Com-IT (Punjab Group of Colleges) (2012)
- Enrolled with Punjab Bar Council
- Member, Lahore High Court Bar Association
- Member, Lahore Bar Association
- Associate Member, Chartered Institute of Arbitrators
- Muhammad Razi Khan v. ICAP, 2019 PLC (CS) 632
- Johnson and Johnson v. Federation of Pakistan, PLD 2021 Lahore 314
- Meezan Bank Limited v. Wapda First Sukuk Company ltd, 2021 LHC 7308
- Romex International v. FOP, 2022 LHC 2059
- FBR v. FOP, 2021 LHC 9707
Areas Of Expertise
- Arbitration (domestic and international)
- Data privacy and Cyber laws
- Service laws
- Civil Litigation
- Food laws
- Constitutional law