Fatima A. Malik
Senior Associate, Bhandari Naqvi Riaz
- Advocate High Court, Pakistan
- Solicitor, England & Wales
- Associate, Chartered Institute of Arbitrators
- Accredited, Civil & Commercial Mediator, London
Email: [email protected]
Ms. Malik is a dual-qualified lawyer. She is an Advocate of the High Courts of Pakistan, and Solicitor of England & Wales, UK, and a qualified Civil & Commercial Mediator of the Society of Mediators, UK. She has successfully obtained her LL. B Honours degree from University of London and Masters of Law in International Dispute Resolution from King’s College London.
At BNR she works on both, contentious and non-contentious matters. She has previously worked in a reputable firm in London for two years focusing on complex high value investor-state disputes and commercial litigation. Her experience includes representing the Islamic Republic of Pakistan in an investment arbitration brought under the OIC Investment Agreement and an ICC arbitration defending a global oil and gas company in a contractual dispute.
Ms. Malik started her career working on civil and constitutional litigation in Pakistan with Mr. Raza Kazim, ASC. She has also worked at the Office of the Advocate General of Punjab, and advised the Government of Punjab, state-owned entities, and high-net worth individuals. She has also advised a sitting judge of the Lahore High Court before the Supreme Judicial Council (now elevated to the Supreme Court of Pakistan).
She has a keen interest in pro bono work and volunteered with Shelter, UK and other free legal aid organizations.
- 2021 Solicitor, England & Wales, UK
- 2018 LLM in International Dispute Resolution, King’s College, UK
- 2014 MA in International Law and American Foreign Policy, UK
- 2013 LLB (Hons.), University of London
- Governing Board Member, Chartered Institute of Arbitrators, Pakistan (2022-2025)
- Secretary, International Law Association, Pakistan Chapter.
- Assistant Editor, Delos for Guide to Arbitration Places, France.
- Member and mentee, Arbitral Women, UK.
- Member and mentee, Young ICCA, UK.
- Member, Women in Law, Pakistan.
Areas Of Expertise
- Foreign Investment
- Banking and Company Law
- Media and Telecommunication
- General Civil Law
- Public and Private International Law
- and Constitutional Law.