Ameer Hamza Dogar joined the firm in 2018. Hamza did his Masters of Law specialising in Corporate and Commercial Law from the London School of Economics and Political Science. He was awarded the LSE Master’s Award 2015/16 to pursue his Masters of Law.
As a Senior Associate, Hamza directly assists the Partners in a range of litigation matters before the Honourable High Courts and Supreme Court of Pakistan. His forte is white collar crime, cybercrime, commercial, regulatory and constitutional matters. Over the course of his law practice, Hamza has also developed experience in civil, procurement, dispute resolution and labour matters. He regularly appears before the High Courts, District Courts and various regulatory bodies . Hamza has also taught at his alma matter, University Law College, University of the Punjab.
- Assisting senior counsel for a medical equipment company before the Lahore High Court in a challenge to the public procurement process by the health department of the Punjab Government to acquire 279 ICU ventilators worth almost $4,000,000.
- Lead counsel for famous journalist and former Chairman of the Pakistan Cricket Board, Mr. Najam Sethi in defamation matters with the damage claimed in excess of Rs. 500 million.
- Assisting senior counsel for a foam manufacturing company before the Lahore High Court in a challenge to National Accountability Bureau investigation involving an alleged claim of Rs. 800 million by the National Bank of Pakistan. The Lahore High Court declared that NAB had no jurisdiction in the matter. A banking suit against NBP is still pending before the Lahore High Court.
- Assisting senior counsel for a client before the Lahore High Court in a constitutional petition challenging the assumption of jurisdiction by the National Accountability Bureau on the basis of a Suspicious Transaction Report.
- Advising Stewart Pakistan on employee and commercial matters.
- Representing Avari Hotels before different regulatory bodies.